Be your own barista with this classic latte recipe--a must-know for any coffee lover.
Whether you prefer your coffee iced or hot, a latte is a perfect drink to kickstart (or reinvigorate) your day. In case you didn’t know what a latte is, it is a drink of Italian origins that is the combination of espresso and steamed milk. Lattes are typically enjoyed hot or iced, and work well with all kinds of milk. If you cannot make espresso, you can easily substitute it with some extra strong coffee.
Ingredients you'll need:
- 2 shots of Espresso using Coffee Gator Medium Roast Coffee
- ¾ cup Milk of choice
- Sweetener of choice
- Optional: Vanilla Flavoring, Cinnamon, Lavender Flavoring
How to make a classic Latte:
- Brew two shots of espresso (or 2 Oz of extra strong coffee if you cannot prepare espresso) and set aside.
For a hot latte: The next step is to prepare warm milk. If you have a milk frother machine, you may be able to warm and froth the milk at the same time. If not, warm the milk in a microwave or on a stovetop and use a handheld frother to froth it up.
- For an iced latte: Prepare some ice and pour cold milk over it. You can froth the milk cold if you want, but frothing the milk is not necessary for an iced latte.
- If you want to add sweetener or flavor to your latte, add it to the milk and mix in thoroughly.
- In a mug or cup of your choice, add the espresso and pour the frothed milk on top. Leave as is or sprinkle some cocoa powder, cinnamon, or any other fun topping on top of the latte and enjoy!